Wednesday, August 11, 2010

D&D Ground Zero

Art by Andrea Di Vito | Colors by Laura Villari


It all begins here!

How many times have you heard that one? Wow, that many? Well, you're hearing it again because it truly fits for Dungeons & Dragons #0. (Retailer incentive cover depicted above.)

This issue heralds the launch of our D&D line of comics, to be continued in the ongoing Dungeons & Dragons series in November and Dark Sun miniseries in January.

Extended creator interviews about both series can be found here (D&D) and here (Dark Sun).

You've heard the hype, and now's your chance to pick up this introductory issue for a buck and see if it lives up to the billing.

Let me know your thoughts by commenting here, on the IDW forums, or by email, letters@idwpublishing.com. Be sure to mark your message with "OK to print" if you'd like to see it in our letter column, Notes from the Underdark.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:03 PM PDT

    I grabbed two copies this afternoon (cover A and B. At first, I was a little unsure of the D&D comic book because I thought it might have been trying too hard to be funny and it came off rather 'slapstick.' After giving it some thought though I realized the characters in the comic behaved an awful lot like the PCs in the campaign that I am currently running. Now I have a new appreciation for the humor of the comic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts, Skooby.

    We wanted the book to be fun and not take itself too seriously, but rest assured there's plenty of action, too. As you pointed out, just like a good gaming session.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J. R. Scherer11:22 AM PDT

    I bought a half dozen of the #0 issue to give to my group of D&D players, one of whom is a big Leverage fan, and it went over very well, especially after they saw that I took the entire John Rogers story and used it as the final encounter of the night in the game I'm running. How soon can I expect the series proper to be available?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear, JR! The first issue of the D&D series is scheduled for 11/10 release.

    ReplyDelete