Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Secret Final Crisis Invasion

Why should the Big Boys have all the fun?

This is what Chris Ryall must've been thinking when Shane McCarthy gave his Transformers pitch. The Aussie's story is epic, intriguing, action-packed... and it has a point.

Well, they took the ball and ran with it, and now I'm coming off the bench. I'm the new editor at IDW, and I've been tapped to oversee the TF titles. And this one has me extremely excited because it's a great jumping-on point for a new editor -- and also for new readers.

Marvel and DC have found great success with their event books, but there's one thing that none of them have: tons of big robots from the planet Cybertron kicking ass.

The Civil War is over, and it's One Year Later.

Welcome to Transformers: All Hail Megatron.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet, I'm totally ready for this.

    Good call making it 12 issues too, gonna need at least 4 to play out the liberation of Earth from Decepticon tyranny by the 1985 minibots, led by Beachcomber.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get a hold of the scripts?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a minibot man myself. My first TF fig was Brawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go minibots! Note: I expect to see a lot of positive editorial decisions regarding minibot content now. Starting with Beachcomber's miraculous instant recovery from the Blaster incident and move to central storyline cast. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRAWN! Yes! one of my first minibots too (along with Bumblee and Cliffjumper). Brawn doesn't get enough love - thats for sure. ;-)

    ReplyDelete